Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - Stuttering, High comsumption | HELP NEEDED
View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 08:56   #3
Crazylachesus

Hi,

I got the codes read by a volvo compatible software (not vida) and it did show an egr related fault: P1335: EGR position sensor minimum/maximum stop performance

Also we checked the sensor values from EGR and MAF sensors. On startup the EGR goes haywire, after a while it stabilizes. But the MAF shows around 5kg/hour intake on idle, and that number decreases as you apply more gas. Around 3000 rpm the MAF value goes almost to 0. We are now going to test it with a different MAF and maybe a different EGR. As the egr has just been changed less then a year ago, I really don't see how can that be bad. I did blank the EGR and unplugged the connector. The car runs fine this way (very minial stuttering at cruising speed sometimes), but the consumption is showing high numbers (~ 27 MPG). Weird thing is, if I unplug the EGR and the MAF at the same time, and after that I plug in the MAF, the consumption returns to normal but after a while (around 100 km) it suddenly goes bad again. But it can also return to normal on it's own. So with EGR off, and the MAF connected the car still acts weird. I'll visit the same mechanic on Thursday we'll also check for intake/boost leaks. I take any other advice or guess gladly!

Best regards,
Balint
Crazylachesus is offline   Reply With Quote