View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2017, 15:12   #16
Considered1
Premier Member

Default Direct Line Insurance

Just incase anyone doesnt want to read the rest of this
I AM STILL OPEN TO OFFERS - NOW WITH POLESTAR UPGRADE!

The bad news, Direct Line, currently (subject to complaint) will not insure my 21 year old son to drive the Volvo after informing them of the Polestar optimisation.
Despite going through various tele operators who have spoken to the underwriters and NO is the answer. No HP increases until you are 25!

Lets remember this Polestar optimisation is purely a software upgrade/download and takes it from 181 hp to 200hp. 0-100km is 0.1 sec's quicker - exactly!

So why then do direct line already insure my son to drive his own 330 Ci Sport with 231 hp and is way quicker than this volvo could ever dream of being.. ah its a lower value car, which it is.

Ok get this then, why if i change my car to an Audi RS6 that is worth more than my car, but has 560hp and 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or whatever it is would they happily take the change to the policy and want just £204.96 till next June renewal! - absolutely ridiculous. I have informed them that a later model D4 is now 190 and the new D5 XC90's etc that have the same 2.0 Deisel engine with over 200 hp, all fine to buy!

If I volunteer that any car is modified in anyway they decline for a 21 year old but if it is a stock car then its fine and its peanuts to insure.

I have various theories about insurance companies but dont want to waste anymore of good peoples time but value your thoughts and experiences and of course offers as I'm going to have a problem moving his uni stuff around without him driving an estate, and I really dont want to cancel the multicar policy and move elsewhere mid term..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote