View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 14:32   #12
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief inspector View Post
The voice works better and does a lot more than the old XC60, yes, and 100% hit rate on the climate - 70% on media and Nav.
Yes. I find that the voice control does well with choosing media source but choosing radio stations is best done using the steering wheel buttons. There's a good reason that I don't use voice for phone calls other than to bring the menu up on the right hand screen, of recent calls etc for me to choose by button, and that is because a whole lot of my contacts have Welsh names, and the same goes for navigation, and Sensus voice control does not do Welsh names very well. English? No problem.

So most people who have an inquisitive open mind probably use a mix of control systems that best suits themselves in the light of experience. Less technologically adept and adaptable people probably use the centre touchscreen to adjust the climate control, which is the least convenient way of doing it. From any other temperature, I just say "temperature twenty" or "temperature nineteen" or whatever, and the system unfailingly changes correctly. For RDS radio or FM radio or other source, just use the underlined words. Set stations in the order you like as 'favourites' and these can then be toggled by using the right hand steering wheel buttons.