View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2019, 13:29   #9
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
You might be able to trick the car into coming alive by hotwiring the fusebox to provide power where power is needed to allow VIDA to talk to the car, and for the car to wake up sufficiently.
Uh, thats an interesting idea! Wonder if it could work, thanks for the thought.
Key is not in the car, we literally ripped interior apart and I dont think it can fit in sill-door space so opening doors probably wont change much. Oh, and this one can easily be towed - its 1.6D of my colleague, not mine. Regardless of anything, and even if succeding with hooking up Vida without a key (eager to try it now :P) car will end up at dealership as until now key is not found and looks like it vanished. Getting a replacement and programming it to car might be only solution for him (and no, he wont change locks as car is worth more stolen than lock replacement, heh).

I wonder - does second key (the one that is confirmed NOT working) can be programmed to the car if it once was working? (assuming it was for this car but just lost the code)?

MDS - that may be setting that is also available to change on waterfall console, so car locks itself when you start driving. Dont think it relates to deadlocking in this case, but thanks!