View Single Post
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 20:22   #69
Silas Greenback

Default 2010 XC60 45k 5 mths ownership

Own this heap of junk for 5 months and regretting every moment. Since Feb16:

1) Windscreen bonding failed - leaking on drivers side

2) Traction control cant cope with half worn front tyres and new rears. Had to replace all 4 tyres.

3) Blower motor failure. Volvo wanted £1k as whole dash has to come out. local independant slightly less.

4) failed ABS wheel sensor. Which incidentally turns off the odometer. Drove 2,500 miles and registered precisely 0 miles on the car

5) Left CV joint noisy

6) Clonk on suspension when turning right.

7) Just started to whine on overrun in second gear.

8) cant blame the car for this one but the muppet that set the wheel alignment on tyre change set the geometry for some other car so destroyed my rear tyres in less than 2k miles.

And it's passed every MOT with no advisories and has full History. Quite possibly the worst car I've had the misfortune of buying. If I didnt need it for towing and hate the look of 99% of 4x4's it'd be gone in a flash.

All problems started precisely 2 weeks after my warranty ran out :-(. To think i got rid of a 130k mile Passat with precisely nothing wrong to get a premium brand car with way less miles and hopefully trouble free motoring!!

On the plus side, if i turn up the stereo the suspension and gearbox noises magically go away.

Last edited by Silas Greenback; Jul 10th, 2016 at 20:24.
Silas Greenback is offline   Reply With Quote