View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 22:38   #9
NigelDay
Premier Member

If you really worry about not having a dipstick, you can get one fitted by the dealer. It's called the 'police option' - seriously. They simply replace the electronic dipstick with a traditional one. Don't ask me why the police 'specification' requests a traditional stick, but I do agree with WIMorrison that the electronic option - as fitted standard - is the best. Beware also about adding 500ml of oil because you think it needs it. There are dangers to over-filling.
Regarding the fuel gauge, the yellow light will come on (roughly) when you are 80 miles or so to empty. It is based upon a calculation on recent fuel consumption, so if you have been driving like a Vicar it will come on at 110 miles to empty. When it gets to 20 miles (or perhaps 15, I'm not sure) the next reading will be "-- miles to empty". Shortly after this the orange light will turn to red. You are now in serious territory. At this stage, DO NOT expect a 5 litre tank will remedy the situation. Add this alone and you will run out in a few more miles, all to do with the design of the fuel tank. You need 10 litres minumum to properly re-fill the dual chamber fuel tank.
As for tyres, the TPMS works perfectly. Set your pressures on a day when the sun is NOT shining on one side of the car, run the tyre monitor to set the baseline, and the job is done.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post: