Thread: Body/Trim: - Bonnet release query
View Single Post
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 23:41   #2
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi and welcome.
The cheeky answer would be to check the oil and water more often as it keeps it from siezing through lack of use Ha Ha.

The inner cable has a tendency to get stuck but more pinched.It is a single piece wire innard that doesn't get to move much when being used..It's very tensile as well(stiff).
Mine tend to go a bit rusty just where the cable turns by the back of the headlight.I assume it's the tightest angle the cable has to turn.

With mine I undo the catch by the bonnet latch on the bulkhead and take the cable out of the mechanism.I then support the cable sticking upright and go find some bluetack or white post it stuff or plasticine.Make a ball of said stuff and then push a hole through it,Slide it onto the outer cable and squish it tight about level with the top of the outer cable.

Mould the top part to make a funnel shape.Then find some thin oil NOT wd40 and pour some in.
Now you need someone to pull the handle inside the car and you then pull the inner back out again.Keep working it back and forth and eventually it will become a lot easier.

Job Done.
Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post: