View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 10:22   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ridge Rider View Post
Just had my MY13 XC60 on the ramp at work, big square steel cross bar where the Boden bar should be, and it is bolted to where the Boden bar would be, nice blue plate on the cross bar with type approval number and safety weight info on it, i am at peace.
But the Boron beam mounting points are not the manufacturers pick up points for the tow bar . they are actually on the inner side of the main chassis members .

An EC Approved towbar will carry a plate or other durable label bearing the EC approval number plus other information including the S-Value (maximum tested noseweight) and the D-Value (the test load as calculated by EC94/20 requirements - note the D-Value is not the same as the towing capacity). The main requirements of an EC Approved towing bracket are that it is fitted to all of the towbar mounting points specified by the vehicle manufacturer, that it has undergone a rigorous testing procedure overseen by the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA), and that production towbars are subject to Conformity of Production (CoP) to ensure that production towbars are manufactured to the same standards as required by the initial test towbar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tow bar.jpg (41.6 KB, 21 views)