View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 12:34   #640
Army
marches on his stomach

Default Dimensions of the mother ship...

...as usual the fuse box and wiring arrangements ended up needing a bit more space than I had planned. I'm glad I went for the mini fuse box and the smaller relays - they have saved space (for all of the Gucci round buzz bar type things)

The tray size is 27 cm long and 25 cm wide - I could have cut it down to be smaller but I will probably add on the resistor for the electronic ignition and the resistor for the half power demister fan too - and you never know there could be another addition (!)

Here's a dodgy picture of the "mother ship" in the place where I want to fit it =>

It is kind of in the upper right hand corner of the foot well - this part is curved on the edges so I designed the sides on the tray to be slightly forward of the central piece.

Here's another dodgy shot through the hole for the glove compartment =>

I think there's just enough room to shove the tray / board as high as possible and still be able to remove the fuse box cover with out having to remove the glove box inner box. (This is a bit more important in my case because the glove box inner box was one of the many upgrades that came with the car - it has been re-manufactured in metal - the original ones are cardboard I think)

If I need a bit more room there's just about enough space to lower the tray with out it becoming a kick hazard (for a nervous passenger - you know the type - the type of passenger who "brakes" when they think you should!)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote