View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 17:27   #3
redbuta

Our Group 0-1+ ones are all fine. And Britax Kidfix III S Group 1-3 also seems ok - can pull it as high as it can and still seems fit nicely.

The problem we have is also with Maxi Cosi high-back ones. We have an i-Size Maxi Cosi Kore which hits the headrest (outer 2nd row). Exactly as you described, it was ok at minimum height, but gets worse when it grows with kids...

I've attached a photo showing the seat position when my son was 4-yr old, from that point onwards we have to recline the seat back to make things things slightly better. But there is always a gap making the support feels less ideal.

We have the option to use Britax Kidfix in XC90 and leave Maxi Cosi Kore to another car.

However, the whole point of getting Kore is because it's narrow so getting into 3rd row is easier than having the Kidfix.

Very annoying that the headrest is so hard to remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sts121 View Post
Hi guys,

Had my XC90 since November and am struggling with the car seat situation for my 6 year old.

I currently have maxi cosi rodi which maxi cosi days fits but head rests may need to be taken out. This is what I did with my Audi’s. only the head rests don’t come out on the Volvo.

When in position the head rest on the car holds the back of the booster seat off by quite a way so it isn’t sat flush up against the seat. As these booster seats extend with age the problem will get worse as he gets older.

I don’t have the Volvo convertible booster cushion thing on mine nor do I want to fit the seat in the middle (fits ok) due to him then being sat next to the other child. (They bicker constantly).

What are you guys using? I have come to the conclusion high back boosters will always be held off by the headrest, to me they don’t look safe but then I’m no expert. I’ve watched the video on the Volvo website and their booster seat also looks poor too, when the booster seat is extended the gap is awful between the booster and the car seat.

For a brand big on safety, I’m a bit perplexed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KoreinXC90.jpg (148.5 KB, 208 views)