View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 23:05   #8
Bashy
Aged Member

Stick it in 1st gear or park also make sure to buy the spring fitting kit.

Having just done the rear pads and shoes myself, ie last week, its not as straight forward as it looks, even with the special tool it can be difficult to remove the top and bottom shoe retaining springs as a slight twist then they wont undo, for me, refitting was different to the book, i slid the springs to the side with the larger catch area, the correct way lead to the spring being too lose.

The other major issue (for me) was pulling the last spring into its home, my long-nosed pliers kept slipping off the spring, i ended up re-using the original spring on the 1st side as it was a little weaker, i managed it with the new spring on the other side, took me 5hrs but that included having to remove the wheel again 1 side cause i forgot the pad retaining spring.

Heres my thread asking for help during my pitiful efforts, theres a link to a hooking took, that will make all the difference when refitting the last side spring