View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 21:41   #9
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve740 View Post
After a long drive (mostly stuck in traffic jam on a hot day) I noticed the coolant level was low, carpets soaked, and this was after a recent flush. I've had a similar problem before in another 940 and ended up just bypassing it, but my better half insisted that I would need heat come winter...

I did suspect a valve blockage (will be replacing that too for peace of mind) but not in any doubt this heater's shagged as it's where all the liquid's come from, and it doesn't hold any pressure.
If it's brass as the others linked to appear to be, you should be able to not only identify where it's leaking from but also resolder a joint if that's where it's leaking or effect a soldered repair with 60/40 tin/lead solder rather than having to find a replacement.

If after repairing it, you find it gives little or no output, swap the hoses on the stubs (you can do this in the engine bay) as often if the hoses are the wrong way round it creates an airlock in the matrix.
Swapping them allows full flow again with the suction side (leading back to the pump) being on the lower end so isn't trying to pull against a head of gravity.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: