View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2019, 16:37   #8
Scrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolemy View Post
P2110 forced reduced rpm

I have a 2005 V50 1.8i and recently got the code P2110 forced reduced rpm. I got this code after high rpms at cold start (1500-2000rpm) then dropping to 1000prm. If I drove off the car would move into limp mode and there would be engine no power.

If I let the car warm up for 5mins. this did not happen, but the revs would not reduce to below 1000rpm.

In general the rpms always dropped more slowly than normal after revving so I looked for vacuum leaks but found none.

I let the car warm up and used it this way for a while, but the problem got worse. Higher rpm (up to 3000rpm) when starting from cold and going into limp mode. I could pull over stop and restart the engine, this reset the engine out of limp mode and I could use the car again.

Also when coming to a halt at traffic lights with the car in neutral the rpms would rise to 1500-2000rpm and drop again without my foot on the accelerator. I collected the ODB data stream during these events and the MAP sensor reading was varying rather than steady. Hence I think the computer was compensating for an inlet pressure change by revving the engine.

Finally I decided it must be the MAP sensor or PCV valve. Removing the inlet manifold I found a split breather pipe and replaced the PCV valve since I am close to 100,000 miles. Shaking this valve it sounded a bit sticky not a very scientific test.

Now the car is back to normal, close to 750-800rpm when warm and rpms drop quickly after revving.

My part numbers were:
1) PCV valve from Volvo part no. 30711779 cost £28.80+VAT
2) Breather pipe with clips attached Volvo part no. 30777588 cost £13.20+VAT
3) Due to the age of the car I also changed the manifold gaskets since they were hard and not very flexible £14.67 inc VAT. They are the same as on a Ford CMAX MPV 1.8i.

Hope this will help someone.
I think this is exactly what I'm experiencing, done the CEM, throttle body and all that stuff, only just found this post about the breather hose, how much of a ball ache is it to do, I'm quite mechanically inclined, but never had to remove a manifold before
Scrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote