View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 20:41   #10
hodgie2019

Evening all.
Got the car back from the trader, knowing what I have read up regarding the engine oil level I thought I would check what the oil level reading in the display was. Please correct me if I am wrong but the the reading will always be determined by the car having to be driven 30km (18 miles) right?

Since the car has not been driven and the oil has been drained from the car the reading was 100% oil level good. So my thinking is that this was the last level before the engine went bang. Correct?
Tried to attach picture for ref.

I have access to a diagnostic kit to read the ECU manufacturers specific and EOBD.
Loads of codes on the manufacturer side referring to supply voltage (battery is flat just about) CAN communication error (I don’t exactly know what is unplugged but obviously there will be some items unplugged), codes present for engine oil level sensor range/performance and engine oil pressure too low ( to be expected no oil present) I was able to view the data for the oil level sensor it read -114 indicating low oil level by ecu data.
Zero codes in EOBD side which surprises me a little suggesting EOBD side has been cleared perhaps, or am I just been cynical?

This is suggesting to me an oil level sensor issue, but every I have read indicate they are very very reliable.

All feedback welcome on my thoughts
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FCEB86CF-E842-40F9-BE6A-115316E0B80C.jpeg (84.3 KB, 47 views)
hodgie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote