Thread: Amazon: - Progressive Lowering Springs
View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 19:29   #1
Bristol603

Default Progressive Lowering Springs

Dear All,

I am new to Amazon ownership and I have been spending the last few months working on my 1966 122S. One of the jobs I have done is fitting lowering springs. The fronts are progressives and the rears are single rate. They are 40mm lower. I had previously fitted a Simonz sports exhaust and so I was a little concerned about ground clearance when lowered.

In case the information is of any use to others, I can report that after fitting the 40mm lowering springs the ground clearance is 19cm at the sills and 10cm at the lowest point of the exhaust (mid section). I have been driving on the lowered springs for about 600 miles now and I have not had any clearance issues even over the many local speed humps and pot holes.

I fitted new Bilsteins at the same time and I had previously polybushed the whole suspension. The car is running 5.5 inch Minilites and 195/65 15 tyres. The front antiroll bar is standard.

I am very impressed with the new springs and shocks. The ride is vastly improved and puts many modern cars to shame. Roll in the corners is also reduced. I have not yet been brave enough to get to the limit of the grip when cornering.

I was a bit concerned about how the car would look when lowered. I didn't want it to look silly. I attach a photo so you can judge for yourself.

Best Wishes,

Nigel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 122S 40mm Lowered.jpg (405.5 KB, 98 views)
Bristol603 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bristol603 For This Useful Post: