View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:55   #320
tatters1993

Exclamation Help me! Please!

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum, I own a Volvo C70 2002 2T and I’ve got alsorts of weird and wonderful things going on. GV52WOD 104000 mileage

First symptoms, loads of fuel usage, kangarooing, intermittent stalling, now the roofs stopped,

I code read the engine and got all sorts of codes, I used an “inter motor” brand mad sensor and quickly learnt that you can only use Bosch brand. I’ve changed the cam position sensor, changed the oil and filter, new Bosch “maf” sensor, and she was driving fine, now the only issue I have is once the cars hot at idle it will idle up to 3000 rpm on its own! And makes you look like a right idiot at lights 😂,
I’ve been constantly on the phone to Volvo techs and they said it’s the “throttle body” but I’ve stripped it cleaned it and put it back on and a new one costs £430 which I want to avoid, someone also said there was a patch for my car at its age but I didn’t think that was possible.

So now all the issues have gone except the high idle, and the code I have is P2090 which is the “camshaft position sensor actuator” which is the solenoid on top of the engine, is that safe to replace? And does anyone know anyone who can fix my roof? I’m in exeter, and would much appreciate some help, beers included! 😁
tatters1993 is offline   Reply With Quote