View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2018, 10:11   #10
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VX280 View Post
So whilst looking for a new 'standard' headlamp unit as one of mine is misting up I found the ones below. They look like the darker ones I've been looking for and seems to be the correct fit for my year/model of V50 (2008 facelift). Can anyone see a reason why they wouldn't fit or work on my car? Thanks again.
the first link is for FL lamp, ok, but it is the same as you have. I doubt its "darker" - just probably due to photo conditions. Looks identical to OEM.
second link is pre-FL model, if you look closely notice the difference (indicator reflector is separate like the 3rd eye).

A word of advice though - you really DONT want the aftermarket lamps. Their quality is often terrible, as for plastic parts and beam allignment. I tried TYC headlamps that seem to be best of aftermarket ones and returned them next day. It will pass MOT, fair enough, but unless you want the lamp to just shine rather than light up road - do NOT get aftermarket ones.

Misting - its down to various conditions, take the headlamp out and inspect it thoroughly on table - any cracks, holes? is the back - panel (the part that opens) alligned properly? are seals there?
You know its very easy to remove them headlights, right? (1 hitch and unclip connectors)