View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 16:00   #26
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
But this is where you're wrong. In ideal conditions (for the sake of discussion- dry road, highway cruising..) torque split is 95/5 - but a smallest sign of rotational speed difference triggers a torque-vectoring correction (sequential brake application and torque redistribution in the transfer case..). For example, mid-curve, inner wheels get less torque than the outer ones- neutralizing the understeer effect of FWD cars.

This has nothing to do with slippery conditions.

hmm i see. i get it. but it's always more as safety precaution as a safety measure. if you were talking about sport cars...with or without awd ok i would for sure understand that both of the drivers would take those sport cars to the limits and the awd for sure would make the difference.

but in a suv, a awd is always more orientated to the safety of slippery roads or in a moderate sporty drive might feel the awd capabilities in the corners. But never in mad driving pushing the car to the limits... why? because it's a suv. awd or fwd it's its nature. it is a higher center vehicle "called SUV".

But for sure being AWD is better than FWD. I bought an FWD because it has better comsuption and because i live in a country where the weather is almost always shiny and hot temperatures. And i don't live in the mountains and i never do that kind of roads. Almost always highways and driving in the center of the city. But for sure if i lived in the mountains or if i had to go to those kind of twisted roads or if i lived in a country where the weather was almost always foggy, snowing or raining, definitely i would have bought an AWD.