View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2020, 18:15   #12862
clarkey1984
Premier Member

The mighty T4, aka seargent silver, is very nearly ready to drive once again, I outsourced the main bulk of the work to a very highly recommend and reputable local independent garage, they've removed my old engine, swapped all the ancillaries over to the replacement one, including all new gaskets and a new timing belt, water pump, a pair of cam seals, as these were both either missing or damaged, on the 3rd attempt, despite using my vin there were problems sourcing the correct clutch, apparently my 2002 car has a gearbox in that it isn't supposed to, the larger splined unit only being fitted to 03 onwards cars apparently, but the correct one was sourced from Sweden, also replacing the modern equivalent to a clutch cylinder, concentric something or other, that's done, and a full service on the new engine too, all going back into the car this week, I thought that £1200 all in was very reasonable.

All that remains is to get the car come, swap the parts over from the dead SE (the parts list is LONG haha) take the car to work and get my colleague to get tiggy with the exhaust and the 200 cell cat I bought, then to secure an MOT!