Thread: RWD Rally 2007
View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 20:24   #6
Velorum
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Curtis View Post
To my knowledge the last 200 series specific meeting was at the gaydon motor musem in 1997 when I was like 12. I'm now 21 and own the car that we took to that event. I have recently been thinking of sugesting a 200 series rally. I know the 200 series register keeper paul cliffton has tried to organise some in the past but there has not been enough suport. I think though with the advent of the forum there has been a rekindled enthusiasim for the 200 series cars and believe a rally is well in order. Perhaps if we could get a show of hands via this post paul cliffton would be persuaded to organise somthing. failling that I would be well up for organising an event.

Perhaps you or I should post up in the 200 series forum directing people to this post?

Regarding the monte carlo rally that seems like an awsome Idea I love a good road trip. I am in the process of rebuilding my 245 and it is off the road so I would be up for it as long as it's next summer or somthing. I don't think it would be asking to much to charge a small fee for plaques and camping stuff.
I was thinking of late summer next year but am open to suggestions.

Some more thoughts:

Aim to set aside 5 days for the whole thing
2 days to get there - 1 day there - 2 days back (obviously some would want to stay longer!)
Time limit to get there
Once there - BBQ - awards for:furthest distance travelled, oldest car - anything else we can think of

Ian