View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2015, 18:20   #15
DieselElectric

As per Charlie, I just use the 3-pin charging cable when at home and, overnight, usually set it to just 6 amps or occasionally 8.

I also have a type2 for street charging but I usually find I have to carry the 3pin as well as many of the posts have one of each type. Lately the Type2 sockets nearly always seem to be in use (and judging by the display of the power supplied, for a long time. Don't these Leafs, i3s and Zoes have a home to go to? ;-)

The VOC app can record up to 8 (I think) known charging locations where you can opt to set either a reminder that you've forgotten to plug your car in or to only charge the car between certain hours. I've only got one set up for my house.
You can however, override the charge timer and tell it to "start charging now", if you want, but I don't know if it also allows you to remotely stop the charging as I've never actually checked.

For the preconditioning, the VOC app does have a "turn on (or off) preconditioning now" button as well as being set up the pre-con timer remotely. It may that the weather's been too mild for it to actually turn on, but I'm not 100% certain the car always gets the message.
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote