Thread: Flat Battery
View Single Post
Old Dec 28th, 2016, 17:00   #15
Razer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Go for a 1 hour drive (it's a new car, it's worth it)

Yes, Power Save mode is designed to disconnect non essential systems so that sufficient reserve capacity remains to start the vehicle
So, update from me, I did go for a drive 45min drive on Sunday (see my other thread) to top the battery up and didn't use the car at all yesterday. We decided to go out in the car and go somewhere for a walk this afternoon, got in the car and a message on the driver display popped up '12v battery low'. As the Volvo garage is only 2 miles down the road i popped in there on the way out to let them know, the service team advised they have seen this on other XC90's and it is likely one of the cars modules continuing to operate after the car has been turned off and drawing a current. It needs to go into the workshop, perhaps for several days to have the software looked at. With is being Christmas they are operating on skeleton staff so i cant take it in until 6th January (when im back at work) so not best pleased.

Be interested to see what other peoples dealers have said about this.

EDIT:

For reference:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...arning-message

Suggestion is that the November update introduced this issue.
MY05 - S60 D5 SE (2006-2009)

Last edited by Razer; Dec 28th, 2016 at 19:00.
Razer is offline   Reply With Quote