View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 20:51   #3
Lexman8
Premier Member

Thought I'd experiment with playlists again. Image 1 shows the folder layout on the Lexar USB stick. Image 2 shows the files in the album and image 3 the corresponding .m3u file contents. The playlists were created using sPlaylistMaker as in image 4 and everything plays as expected in the car.

Note that you should select 'No path' as the Path Type as Sensus will index the file locations itself. In this example the .m3u file is written in each folder. If you select 'Root folder(s) only' as the Write location along with 'No path' you get a warning that they may not play correctly. It produces a .m3u file as in image 5 where there are duplicate track numbers. I'll try this layout tomorrow and see whether Sensus makes sense of it (see what I did there?). I suspect it'll play correctly despite the warning which I guess is for playback devices which are dumb and cannot index the contents themselves.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (22.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (49.7 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg Image3.jpg (23.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Image4.jpg (31.3 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Image5.jpg (70.3 KB, 115 views)