View Single Post
Old Dec 21st, 2017, 11:26   #10
ukden

After originally asking this question when I first took delivery of the car I decided to have another look before the car went in for it's 3 month check.

I am pleased to report that I now have playlists working on mp3 files stored on a USB memory stick.

I have 5000+ mp3 files generally in album folders or in artist folders with album sub folders.

I have found that Sensus will not accept playlists in which the file paths start with a drive letter e.g. C: or a full stop (.) or a backslash (\) or forward slash(/).

The playlist generator I use is called "Playlist Creator 3.6.2" but it always puts as a minimum a \ or / at the start of each item in the playlist.

The solution I have found is this:

1. Generate your playlist using the full path option (e.g. C:\)
2. Save the playlist as a "m3u" file in the root of your USB memory stick.
3. Use a text editor (I use Notepad) to find and replace the all the characters at the start of each filepath (in this example "C:\"). Obviously you replace the offending characters with nothing.
4. Save the modified file.

Job done!

It can take a long time for sensus to recognise and read the playlist initially, I think this is to do with the cache stored on the HDD. But once recognised, "Playlists" appears to the right of "Genre" on the library selection screen, when tapped your playlists appear.

I found that after I had been using the usb stick with playlists and subsequently removed it to modify and add more playlists, that it took a 40 mile journey with four restarts before the playlists were recognised again. But they have been immediately available on subsequent use.

I have found no problems with long path names, some of mine are more than 60 characters long, also no problems with mp3 files located in subfolders.

It would have been much easier if Sensus had accepted \ as the start of a pathname.
I am now going to remove my USB memory stick to do a Sensus map update, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to recognise the playlists when I replace it.

Previously: MY2018 XC60 Momentum D4 Auto, Winter Pack, Volvo On Call, Rear camera, Electric deployable towbar, Tempa spare wheel.
ukden is offline   Reply With Quote