View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 18:55   #2
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQ View Post
I am considering buying a used XC 60 and am looking to find the best year for reliability, mileage and best engine.

Am also looking to avoid any years where they made dogs.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Ottawa / Canada
MY19. Mine. The best one in my opinion. D4 AWD or FWD. Put the Polestar Engineered Optimisation for extra horsepower and torque. It will be a nice compromise between power and consumptions. D5 engines have problems with PowerPulse technology. And from MY20 on, they changed the outside chromed frames and silver rearview mirror caps.

Now all glossy black. It takes away the contour of the lateral of the car. Somehow chromed frames underlined better the sideways aesthetic of the car. I have read a lot of comments on YouTube saying the same, in worldwide review videos of the latest and most recent MY of the XC60. And i have to agree.

I also read here in this forum that shiny black inside and now outside in the latest MY, are a real strong headache. Specially outside. Frames get damaged and lose that shiny black, specially if people wash their cars in the automatic carwash machines.

But because all the other brands adopted shiny black on the frames section, Volvo followed the fashionable way and adopted also. So if you really want a good Volvo XC60, look for one with 1 to 2 years.

p.s.: so far so good with my car. no big problems that i remember. At the beginning a problem with the interior modem that was solved with a software update. Rather than that everything ok. Never had any major problem with engine or gearbox or suspension. Just fulfil diesel tank and hit the road. It's all that it takes.
😎👍

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Jul 4th, 2020 at 19:20.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VOLVOL0VER For This Useful Post: