View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 21:41   #7
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOBOY View Post
Hi.
I watched that U-tube vid. too before i did my T5`s breather system.
Yeah, it is a very good guide but i will ad my two-penny-worth.
He should have removed the electric fan - 2 bolts and a couple of cable clips.
Remove the throttle body and I/C pipes to give hand access under the manifold with an 8mm combination spanner or 5/16" AF ( whichever gives the best fit) onto that awkward bolt you mention. The manifold hole there is slotted so the bolt only needs slackening half-a-turn.
He should have undone the brass fitting at the right-hand end and swung the free manifold up to the left. That would give access to the Banjo fitting above the alternator.
The small tube from the middle of the Banjo will be brittle and blocked/broken -(guaranteed) . I cut mine away and replaced with some silicon tubing.
Trace this breather tube down towards the turbo and check the 2 N/R Valves are functioning properly, and the valve into to inlet duct is clear too.
Hi
Did you have positive crankcase pressure before you did your T5 breather system. I don't appear to have.

Quote:
Hi.
He should have removed the electric fan - 2 bolts and a couple of cable clips.
Yep, realised that was a given as it makes so much more room - I even removed the air box- 3 more bolts.
Quote:
Remove the throttle body and I/C pipes to give hand access under the manifold with an 8mm combination spanner or 5/16" AF ( whichever gives the best fit) onto that awkward bolt you mention. The manifold hole there is slotted so the bolt only needs slackening half-a-turn.
He should have undone the brass fitting at the right-hand end and swung the free manifold up to the left. That would give access to the Banjo fitting above the alternator.
I'll look at that again in the morning. Not sure which bolt(s) is 8mm or 5/16". Manifold and throttle body are 10mm, and banjo is 17mm - I'm just so worried that I get the thing apart and am unable to get it back together. I don't have anyone to call on to dig me out of a self inflicted hole...lol

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote