View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 20:29   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshbc View Post
Just got a reply from the local volvo dealer, they recommend replacing both locks for the rear doors, which they will contribute 50% to the cost, but its still quite a nasty bill

below is the reply from them

Good evening

I have looked into the policy and Volvo will contribute 50% and you pay the remainder 50%.

This will cover both rear door locks.

Total cost inclusive of VAT £264.72

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead and i can arrange the ordering of parts.

Kind Regards

I have also looked into the warranty when I bought it, which says it doesnt cover the cost for diagnostics or the use of genuine factory parts, despite being a RAC Gold warranty. Could I have got the parts for the lock somewhere like eurocarparts?

The warranty covers the labour and non Volvo parts and i can choose any VAT registered garage.

what arr your views on this? I m not happy that the lock fails for a car thats only 4 yrs old, despite having 120k on the clock, as my previous V50 and V70 had more miles and no probs with the doors.

Would it be worth trying to argue the case as my local dealer tends to charge rip off prices?

For the mean time i ll also try to find out prices from nearby Volvo dealers

I doubt if you can get locks anywhere else , that might be the first option for you , If the warranty company can't find non volvo locks then do they fork out for the genuine ones ?

The volvo deal is pretty reasonable to be honest considering the 90 minute job of changing both rear locks , , the locks you get are improved ones to keep water out .. I don't think volvo pay for just one to be done to prevent comebacks with the other one failing in the near future . One job 100% fix .