Thread: Amazon: - Progressive Lowering Springs
View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 18:59   #17
alastair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristol603 View Post
I got the springs and shocks from John Parker of Vintage Performance in the US. John was quick to answer my questions and so I suggest you email him. Before you do, you should read the notes on his website about emailing him to make sure your message doesn't get put in the spam pile. I believe he supplies a range of different spring heights and spring rates so he may have something that would work for an estate.

I bought John's revalved Bilsteins for the rear of my car as I had read several reports that the standard Bilsteins are too stiff for the rear of an Amazon. I don't have the standard ones to compare with my revalved ones, but I am happy with the ride and handling that the revalved ones are giving. I wanted Bilsteins as Tony Barrett recommended them for long term durability. I don't know whether the standard Bilsteins would be too stiff for the rear of an estate. I suggest you ask John.
Anyone considering buying springs from John Parker should be cognisant of the fact that some of us have fallen victim to his springs failing - losing tension and causing the car to collapse. I had a pair of his front springs go this way after maybe 100 miles, and despite various promises to replace my faulty springs, John Parker has never sent me a thing - refund or replacements. I'm not alone in this regard - a search of 1800list will bring various horror stories to light. If you value either customer service, or reliable suspension, I'd look elsewhere.
alastair is offline   Reply With Quote