Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - V50 starting issues
View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 22:14   #10
The Thong
VOC Member

I had this with mine. I was getting miss starts from cold or if I shut the engine down when it was hot I’d restart it and I’d have lots of smoke and it wouldn’t rev. Leave it twenty minutes and the car would start normally.

Solution, I stripped the butterfly housing off the motor and removed the sensor inside it. Clean out the housing with carb cleaner, get an old toothbrush to scrub away any stubborn carbon deposits and then chamfer the edges of the butterfly flap slightly with emery or sand paper (I shine a torch down it and chamfer enough off so I can see a halo of light around the flap) and then rebuild.

One hour to carry out this mod and if it doesn’t fix the issue it won’t cause any issues to your motor. The cause is either the heat of the engine is causing the housing to warp which jams the flap, jubilee clip holding it has been over tightened which can cause it or its full of carbon and its crusted up around the flap area.

Give it a go and see if it makes a difference, you’ve got nothing to lose. Good luck.

TT