Thread: What is it?
View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 01:55   #17
rwdkev
VOC member

Thanks for your input here Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
If you're suffering strange things happening with your A/C on WOT then i'd guess you need new NRVs - had a similar problem with mine, traced it to the NRVs and renewed them. One was definitely FUBAR and as the other one was the same age, i renewed both. Only cost a couple of quid on fleabay for some generic ones that fit.
When I eventually get round to this job, I intend to go through all the vacuum circuits with a fine tooth comb for leaks. I know from experience that the black rubber connectors perish and crack with age. But like you say, non-return valves are also prime candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
You should have a reservoir built into the system, on the 760 it looks like 3 tennis balls in a sock :

There is a seal in it, three screws securing the front and back halves (if memory serves), if it's leaking then pull the seal out, smear it with silicone grease and refit, nine times out of ten that fixes it. The 10th time you need silicone sealant instead or a new seal.
I've had cars in the past where you can hear a hissing noise from behind the dashboard so the vacuum reservoir will also be looked at regardless.
rwdkev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rwdkev For This Useful Post: