View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2019, 12:42   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhb View Post
Dear members.

I have an important question.
In the Netherlands we race with these types of volvos.
The volvo 360 cup.
Something that often happens is the breaking off of the left wheel hub due to the heavy load on the left front leg.
This is because in the left-hand drive cars the counter drive is located in a hole in the wheel hub.
No one uses the kilometer counter anymore because often grease comes out of the hole because it gets hot or the cable breaks.
My question is.
Is there then in the right-driven volvo the counter drive than in the right wheel hub.
And where and from whom should I buy it if that is the case?

It would save a lot of accidents because in 2018, 2 cars were killed by breaking off the hub.
1 car was shot straight through the crash barrier with a lot of speed, so that very little of the car remained intact
The holes are sealed but often remains a weak spot, causing them to break off on the circuit.

Hope you can help me (us).

Regards,

Marc

P.s. my English may be a bit on the bad side, but hope you understand me.
No the UK RHD 300 still use the hole in the left hub , they have to because the other side rotates the wrong way … I find it hard to think that 6 mm hole causes breakage , the strength is all taken on the outside of the shaft the centre has very little effect on strength , however maybe all your race tracks are clockwise which puts a larger strain on the left side every time you race ??