View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2019, 17:26   #22
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW3696 View Post
Switch towards the front of the car I believe means the light goes on when a door is open but goes off when closed, switch backwards on all the time, middle off.
Unfortunately with the switch in the forward position the light stays on constantly even with the doors closed. I'm guessing the door switches which effectively break the circuit arent doing that so the light stays on. Ive near enough exhausted what I can do apart from changing the switches.
I'm guessing it will be something simple.
Thanks
Joe
But, as quoted above, at first you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW3696 View Post
Hello all.
Hopefully you can help with an annoying problem. My car is a 91 240se estate.
The interior light doesn't come on when you open the doors although the light does work when you put it in the on position, to the front of the car and to the rear of the car.
The boot opening does activate the resr light.
I guessed there was an issue with the door switches.
The passenger switch has two wires going to it but the drivers switch only one black and blue wire. Is this normal or is the drivers side door switch missing a wire?
I've cleaned them up but other than that I'm guessing replacements. I haven't checked the rear door switches yet but opening the rear doors does nothing either.
Has anyone got any ideas?
Many thanks in advance
Joe
Is the difference just that you are understanding or describing the light switch differently?u, fit the rear interior light in place of the front one?

Connect only the power to the front interior light, and run a wire to earth (to imitate or emulate a good working door switch), using various light switch positions?

&c. &c.

Good luck with this.

Anyways, someone mentioned the possibility of a short circuit?

And what happens if you, can yo
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote