View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 20:50   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtech55 View Post
Hi Clan

Sorry for late reply, my sister has been a bit poorly recently.

I wasn't aware that the dealer 'had' to do repairs if required. The implication is they probably don't want to do the repair so palmed me off with the old 'We haven't got the tool anymore' excuse. The fact they obviously don't want to do the repair would worry me if I got them to do it....they would probably make an a**e of it out of spite and it would be my word against theirs. As I say, if I could get my hands on the special tool, my mate Alex would do the job very competently. Do you, or anyone else have the number for the tool? It's always possible one will come up on Ebay at some time.

Tim
Hi Tim ,

firstly the part number for the bush was 30851257 in 2014 , it may have been superseded since then to your number , I don't know ...

The tools needed are:

999 5575
999 5588
999 5669

The first tool is the standard hydraulic hand held ram which every dealer has for general pressing jobs on bushes , The other two are a disc and a sleeve and rod for pulling and pushing the bush in and out with the hydraulic ram tool . The bush is plastic and bigger than the hole that is why you need the hydraulic hand press tool , it needs a constant powerful press so that bush is pulled in continuously at the same speed , if you stop it expands and is hard to get moving again .

I would just book it into a dealer and let them sort their own tools out if they have lost them ...they can't pick and choose which jobs they do ! The price for labour should not be more than 1.2 hours for the pair . Its very easy with the correct tools you see, but a nightmare without them .