View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 19:01   #13
ajdthomson

Quote:
Originally Posted by js90 View Post
Definitely issues with VOC though. It took three days of trying intermittently for mine to decide to finish the setup process.
Mine was a nightmare... I bought a nearly new (500 miles) ex-demonstrator Volvo Selekt XC60. It was the perfect spec for me but drove from Glasgow to Birmingham to pick it up. The dealership tried to activate VOC but it wouldn't work and they advised it would work after my drive back North.

Inevitably it didn't and I took it in to my dealership in Glasgow who said there was nothing wrong with the car and I just had to drive around and keep trying to activate it from the Communications menu. I was told it was an issue with the telco but I had my doubts. Days later after trying a million times (it would always get stuck on "Loading Configuration") I took it back to them and asked them to fix under warranty and told them I did not want the car back until it was resolved.

The master technician had to refer the problem to Volvo HQ and it was resolved in their central back-end service. NOTHING to do with the telco but clearly something to do with the way the car VIN etc. was registered. Anyway it is sorted now and has been flawless since.
ajdthomson is offline   Reply With Quote