View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 18:02   #87
losboz

Surely this survey's results can only be valid if everybody that has voted has purchased from new and have been the ONLY owner.

All our Volvo's have been 'nearly new one owner examples' but it still doesn't rule out the first owners contributions to its life expectancy !

As the op didn't make it clear on my above point I've voted anyway ! my vote is obo the wife as I rarely get to drive her Volvo's

She drives our C30 2.0D like a saint (not THE Saint !) and only does around 5K miles a year so a petrol was the logical choice but fuel economy in the 2.0 is woeful !
We concluded it was up to me to give it a blast a least once a week as that seems to have worked out well for all three previous diesel Volvo's we have owned

The fact ours have not been 'abused' by us has made little difference to their overall reliability ! Although engines and gearboxes in all of ours have been uber reliable all have experienced clutch, suspension and electrical issues. The S60 D5 ate bulbs and drop links and had continuous door module issues. Our C70 also had clutch, drop link and several central locking issues. Our S40 was a great car but with a problematic and dangerous flat spot between 1000 and 1500 revs that Volvo UK approved of

I await our C30's first electrical gremlin as experience has told me it WILL happen

Last edited by losboz; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 18:05.
losboz is offline   Reply With Quote