View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 12:53   #7
v8250

Hello Nathan, I'm going to give a number of view points...

Firstly, I'm biased as I love sunroof and open top classics, especially with fully rotating quarter lights, ala the Amazon. The driving experience and fresh air flow is superb. It has simple function, works every time and, contrary to the nay sayers, they do not leak...just treat with Renovo and they are 100% waterproof.

Over the years most of my other cars have been softops, canvas sunroof and targa tops. I even insist my daily driver car has at least a full length panoramic sunroof. The current car is a Subaru Forester 2.5ltr XT which I take to the Alpes a few times a year...I drive overnight and blast the Autoroute, sunroof fully open with the stars above providing an amazing aerial backdrop. Making a classic road trip like this in the Amazon would have been a brilliant life experience.

At no point will a full length cotton/canvas sunroof devalue a car, and that includes the Amazon. In fact, it's the contrary as so fewer were made or are available today.

The only time a softop is not ideal is when the car is being used in motorsports as under these conditions some structural rigidity will be lost and should the car [read driver] decide on some upside down adventure it's good to have some metal between your head and the black stuff. On the road with a moncocoque chassis at Amazon speeds it will make no difference [providing the inner/outer sills are in tiptop condition]

Lastly, don't listen to the critics...the chances are they're either internet keyboard warriors and/or of the type who've never driven a sunroof Amazon, let alone owned one. Ultimately, go with your heart...if you want an Amazon with a sunroof, go for it...you only live once
v8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post: