Thread: Amazon Manifold
View Single Post
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 09:36   #5
asneddon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
oooh, i'm ot sure if they are the same, but i recon they probably are (hopefully someone will confirm). If it does fit how much were you thinkin?
Well, it cost me £80 from Toney Barrett for the maniforld and downpipes. They were on the car for about 3 months until I replaced them with the Simons system. I think I was ripped off, and they are probably only worth ~£40.

Then again, I have no knowledge of what I 'should' have paid for them. Would be happy at £40, would consider less if people tell me I'm being silly.

I'll post photos up tonight if I get a chance. The manifold is a single casting inlet/exhaust with the twin exhaust outlets. The downpipes have that heat sheilding wrap stuff on them. The sound was nice and deap without being too loud. Much nicer than the thrum/whistle of the Simons system in my opinion.

I did have a slight leak with them, but once they were off you can easily see where it was. The problem was they had been fitted without any sealent on the clamping surface. I'm 99.9% sure they would seal fine with a small coating of goo.
asneddon is offline   Reply With Quote