View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 20:05   #5
Neil H
New V40 Owner

Thanks but the front driver side pipe is broken so the system is already part drained.

I'll be replacing that sides pipe entirely as its very short, the other side i plan to cut and join in a new piece along the bulkhead where all the pipes run together and i havent worked out where i will join in the rear pieces yet but they will most liley be on the chassis rail where they come out from under the fuel tank.

I might order some Kunifer pipe as its very cheap even though I already have some copper on the way as I dont want to ever have to do this again.

This afternoon I've been removing the battery and its tray, airbox and wheel arch liner etc to get good access the where it goes though the wheel arch.

I also need to do some light surface rust treatment and repainting on the arch lip where the plastic trip has allowed water to collect and corrode but i might make sure the braked are completed and good first.

Seeing as the car is off the road i may as well tackle a few things that i've been putting off for a long time.

London, UK
Current Car - 1999 T4 V40 Ph1 66k AKA "Heather"
My Previous Car: V40 2.0T 2000 Volvo V40 2.0T (B4204T3)
Neil H is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neil H For This Useful Post: