View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2019, 04:55   #134
blueosprey90
Master Member

Almost a month has passed and I am no closer to getting the PV444 on the road. I traced the short in my lights to a screw that I used to attach the piece of "trim" to the right front windshield/roof support. But in the meanwhile, the circuit is torn up and several splices, rubber bits and lenses need to be put right. I have the parts but not the time.

I went to Watkins Glen with the S2000 for two days running in an HPDE event and did fairly well.

Then last weekend, I took the MGA to Club Motorsports in New Hampshire for vintage racing. A fellow named Dan Scully was there to race this 544.

Unfortunately, just as I caught up to him in one of the first practice runs, he pulled off the track. When I wandered over to say hello, he was under the car opening up the rear end, so I left him to make his repairs with his crew. He got the car back out the next day for just a lap or two; and I never was able to connect and introduce myself. I met a couple of younger guys that came to visit him and later saw that they were driving a tatty 122.

For what it's worth, here is one of my runs in the MGA - no Volvos, but a Herbie VW Bug does pass me. The 029 that I'm racing with is a historically significant car, having won the MG Collier Cup race at least once, maybe more, in the 1957 - 1959 era.

https://youtu.be/RYlScT_MVDo

Last edited by blueosprey90; Aug 7th, 2019 at 04:57.
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote