View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2019, 13:41   #34
Aziz Unal

Default Coolant issue third time

[QUOTE=Oeildetaupe;2540642]Hi I am from France and I have same issue as you on my Volvo V40 D2 Eco.
In French forums I don't read that much about V40s but I remember you have more Volvos in UK than us... So just a look on Google and I found your stories !

QUOTE]

Hi,

I had the same problem twice. The third one is on the way. At first, the engine of the car was replaced with new one at 34.000km. At the second year of my car, I had the message on the dashboard saying that “coolant level low”. When I immediately checked the coolant level, which show me it was just below minimum. After that, I took the car to service and they just added water. This visit was not registered in the service. One year later after I took the warning for coolant level, I had the same message. At that time, the technical people in the service told me it was probably related to cylinder block and the engine needed to be replaced. Luckily, there was 3 months left to be out of warranty. I escaped huge cost and proceeded with the replacement of the engine.

I had the same warning “cooling level low” at 59.000km and visited the service 30.04.2018. Service did not find anything related to external factor and told me that they needed to remove the cylinder head on the condition that I had to accept 50% of the cost which would occur during the repair including replacement or repair of the engine. Because the warranty expired. The funny part is that Turkey Branch Volvo Turkiye presented the cost share as courtesy. This was the most disrespectful and unfair act I have ever seen and I did not buy it. At the and, they offered to replace the engine free of charge on the condition that I would sign a waiver of notice indicating that I would never make a claim on any defect related to the car. After having talked to my lawyer, I signed it. Also, I did not think it would happen third time.

Unfortunately, I had a warning saying that oil level was low two days ago at 74.000km. It is the same as my previous issue. It started with the "low oil.After a couple of months, I had the warning for coolant.

As soon as I checked the level of oil, I noticed that the level was normal but the viscosity is very high. Also there was a decrease in the level of coolant when comparing to the level one month ago. I think there is a water in the oil due to the leakage. I will probably have warning for coolant in the forthcoming days.

The most important point for me to learn about permanent solution. Otherwise, I have to pay once in a year to have my car repaired. It is obvious that it is not a solution to replace the engine. By the way, I read that installing a new exhaust manifold gasket was a solution. But, this is not case. A new one was installed prior to my second issue.Nevertheless, the same problem occured twice after the installation.

As a result, I do not believe that Volvo take a responsibility free of charge and will ask me to pay huge cost. Accordingly, I will go to a service except Volvo and I will have my car repaired. I kindly ask you to share your solutions if there is one applied to your car.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Aziz
Aziz Unal is offline   Reply With Quote