View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2016, 10:21   #2
Faust
Master Member

I had a similar issue with my Amazon… so I fitted a non-return valve into the fuel line.

If I'm 100% honest, it didn't really make that much difference, and I removed it a few months ago as I needed to replace my (braided) fuel lines and never bothered to re-fit it. The longest I tend to leave the old heap standing between drives is a week, and after that period of time it takes about 3 seconds of cranking maximum to get him started. I regard this a bonus: that extra cranking helps to build oil pressure in your engine.

I guess we are all spoiled with all the fuel injection, ECUs and assorted gubbins fitted to modern cars. If you're used to getting into a newer car, you'll naturally expect all cars to fire up instantly at all time… and this ain't gonna happen with a car the age of an Amazon.

I look at it this way: your car is trying to tell you something. It's telling you to drive him more often! That way the fuel will never get a chance to drain back to the tank… and you get the pleasure of going for a good burn in your car.
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Faust For This Useful Post: