View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 20:38   #20
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

I reckon that yes the 240 is good for daily driving. I used to use a 244 and then a 245 for daily and also a lot of night time driving to get to work places where I had to get there or lose the client and possibly other consequences.

But nowadays one needs to consider what one will do for transport if the car is unexpectedly off the road. For example a number of members have experienced 240 problems that have been very difficut to diagnose, and it is I think getting harder to find a garage or mechanic with relevant experience. Also some parts are slower or harder to find. It is a modern classic car and the classic word carries some practical issues. But think about the parts and labour costs of many newer cars ...

This is not a problem for me now. I mainly cycle or walk and I occasionally use trains or the nearby ferry. In the 30 months ending in September my 240 travelled 13 miles. But I am using it again now. It's still a lovely real car like wot cars should be. I would really really miss my 240 if I was doing daily driving. It more or less drives itself. It does what is needed in even difficult conditions and the dimensions such as seat height, head room and load area are superb.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote