View Single Post
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 19:43   #15
driver219
Neville

Default V90 Pilot Assist

Over the last year I have been watching the issue of lane change with my V90, and it has always been consistent until my last update of the s'ware and the improvement seems to be that when a vehicle move into your lane the car almost anticipates and feathers the throttle before I need to intervene, whereas before it would be touching the brake (I usually drive with the car in 'Dynamic' when cruising on a major road.)

Now as a techy, I believe that the electrical centre of the Radar beam is aligned to the vehicle centre-line, so when a move is made to change lanes any vehicle ahead of interest, will appear as a target somewhere off centre of the beam dependent on the host vehicle angle. The software will provide limits which overlay rather like a Safety Trace on the Radar beam, and so when a target breaches the trace it activates an appropriate response depending on how far the down/up the beam the target is located. So I can feel that the response does vary dependent on how I take the approach to the lane change.

I hope this makes sense!!
driver219 is offline   Reply With Quote