View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 00:18   #4
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybritcher View Post
probably a loose wire / connector on starter - its contracting in the cold and making a better connection
I think we can rule that out, re point 5,

Quote:
5, If i don't use the car for a few days but i do put it on charge, ie playing with Vida, it will start fine the next day.
I had to charge it for Vida a while back, stayed on charge for an hour or so whilst i was playing. It started fine. its as though its loosing a little charge somewhere but then, why when I've not used it will it start fine on the 2nd crank, perhaps there's 2 minor issues made worse the colder the morning.

There was a time when i thought letting the fuel pump in the tank fully prime 2 times, it deffo started on the 1st go, but, it could also because i drove it the previous day, ie the 20+ miles shopping, if its just the short 2 mile round trip to their walk, i get the issue the next day, if i do the 2 miler 1st thing and then do the shopping at 7:40 it starts 1st time too.

Had the problem since before i bought a new battery (old one prob fine)
I thought it improved after new battery, certainly did for a few days, same again when i got new glow plugs and fuel filter, seemed better for a short while, but perhaps its getting worse cause the mornings are colder?

I haven't tried, crank once and let go, then crank again to see if that does anything, will try that this morning, i don't like to experiment too much cause its when i take the dogs out sometime between 5:30 and 6:30.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: