View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 10:29   #10
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
It could also be worth removing, cleaning and refitting all the electrical heavy power connections on the starter circuit and also on the glow plugs. You may also have some weak glow plugs.

Do you know when they were last changed?

There is also Brandon Autoelectrics, on the Swaffham road out of Brandon, past the level crossing but before the concrete place.
They should be able to supply a recon starter and new glow plugs.

Does that noisy injector give a misfire when the engine is running? If not it's probably not effecting the cold start. Might not be helping in the great scheme of things but probably not hindering at this stage either.
Hi, I changed the plugs a few months back with Bosch ones BUT, they were second user, and at 1st, they made starting beautiful again, it was slow prior, pretty much like it is now, mmm, spose there is a clue there......

Thanks re Brandon Auto Electrics

I was about to say no misfire, because prior to putting in this other injector, there was quite a bad one, so I nearly forgot, yes, there is still a slight misfire for a few minutes, 2 clues there I spose lol I forget the important things..... :/
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: