View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2012, 00:13   #8
hids4u

i have lpg fitted to my discovery 3. took a long time to take the plunge as it has soft valve seats - after 60k reports of loss of seals.

i think a lot is as stated to do with poor mixture - too lean most often. This often causes the check light (MIL) to come on. I had it with a previous D3 that i converted. I have now got the latest system that is connected to the OBDII and reads the adaptation setting so the LPG computer readjusts the mixture before the MIL comes on. Not had 1 MIL light since fitting it.
I also chose the option with the system i have to run the petrol injectors together with the gas one. petrol is only open for a millisecond or so - but this adds petrol all the time - gives the petrol pump to do keeps the injectors and petrol side working - and i hope protects the valves.
to be sure i also added a v-lube system that adds a lubricant via the LPG low pressure line. this is then mixed with gas and added via the gas injector. much more accurate than the flashlube

So far so good - but i would say its well worth getting the car set up on a rolling road. i find there are still spots in the LPG map that are out and give the car too much or too little gas. it takes a good installer some time on the road to modify the map to ensure its 100% - but well worth it

One other issue with the xc90 v8 is the high fuel pressure warning - this needs an emulator to trick the ecu that all is ok. without it the check light can come on (and will) and also from time to time the ecu will need resetting

r
ian
hids4u is offline   Reply With Quote