View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 00:54   #2
Triple-S
How Old?

Hi and welcome to this rather exclusive section of Forums. You've made the right choice of car to buy, but then I do have two on the road so am bound to say that.... Will be using one of mine tomorrow - oops I mean later today now, to a car show before going to my sons, so you can see mine is a multi-purpose car.
Unfortunately I'll have to get back to you on recommended plugs as a) its been ages since I replaced my plugs, I'm more concerned with keeping the body beautiful (!), and b) my own Haynes manual is outside in my car (and its currently raining....). My other Volvo manuals are in my room at my sons place: can fetch one back if you need one - mail me on paultill (at) tesco.net so I can send you one for the postage - far less than forking out for a new one!
I have several new oil filters too: don't use any old filter as the proper one incorporates a one-way valve which prevents initial oil flow starvation, which could be risky.
Not the easiest of cars to get bits for now, although Brookhouse Volvo Parts in Ipswich has an on-line shop so you can see what they have. Any good mineral oil will be OK, 20-50 non-synthetic as this is a slow-revving lump.
Would be interested in a pic of your new purchase when it arrives, as there aint a lot of us around - will swap for some of mine!

Cheers Paul
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote