View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 11:56   #24
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusRed View Post
Probably the drop in. Main reason being I think the air filter is due to be changed anyway and the K&N one is meant to be cleanable so should save costs in the long term? If it's a slight upgrade that's good too. Not expecting much though. I was looking at cold air induction before but conflicting ideas about whether it increases performance or can actually decrease due to sucking in more hot air from the engine bay. All it's really good for is noise, which I don't care for :P
Well in that case you dont loose much, can only gain. I had to replace my filter so instead of spending 17e for new paper one, I spent 35e (bargain!) for K&N one. I would not replace it just for sake of "tuning" but in this case it was worth it. It will serve you longer and if it increases flow by even few ccm, why not?
CAI filter is a good option but only if you do it properly with cold air duct etc, if you just drop it into engine bay you will most likely gain zero.

word of advice - RTFM about those reusable filters, they come covered with oil from factory - some say its an excessive amount and advice on vacuuming/compress airing them before putting into car. Also same after every cleaning & re-oiling, wchich I didnt know about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: