View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 17:38   #24
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Hang on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W XC60 View Post
Motoreasy: I'm not impressed with their exception:
Repairing or replacing components identified by a suitably qualified engineer at any time, including but not limited to at the time of claim, as being faulty before this plan started.
How does that fit in with covering wear and tear?

<snip>

So I think I'm coming around to the view that although the most expensive Volvo probably offers the best cover. It excludes “normal” wear and tear but on a 4yr old premium car with full service history and only 32k miles on the clock would anything other than service items (which no scheme covers) fall into that category?
So you rule out Motoreasy on the basis of a mention of wear & tear, but they you ignore that the Volvo one...er....does the same?

I would expect all plans to kind of have some allowance for wear & tear.

I took the Motoreasy plan to cover major parts (& in my case, with a fairly well 'loaded' car, the edge tech - adaptive cruise, for example, with all the laser/radar pieces that could sting me for perhaps £1500-£2000 in the worst case!).
I also took it because it was a good chunk cheaper than the Volvo one, & frankly if they are a PIA, then spending as little as possible isn't a bad thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W XC60 View Post
Asked the dealers about their experiences with extended warranty providers and there feedback was to the affect they're all a pain in the @rse, including Volvo though they're probably slightly better to claim from.
LOL!
That would appear to confirm my thinking on that, as I said above!

Entirely your call, of course: please let us know what you choose, & hopefully neither of us will ever claim