View Single Post
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 14:00   #12
RobbieH
Two wheeled lycra lout

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2blade View Post
do you use any Fuel additives? or am I missing your point?

Edit:
(sorry if I sound flippant Robbie, maybe not worded very well)
No probs, I should have clarified myself better

The ol' barge runs on little else but BP juice. Most of the times regular diesel, sometimes a tank of Ultimate if I'm feeling flush. Like I say, after a long run (and I mean a long run like the Alps and back) the engine definitely feels healthier (free-er, sweeter running).

Once the engine oil gets to about 5-6000miles I'm pretty certain I feel things getting a bit rougher. After new oil, better.

Fortunately, most of my journeys are 75miles (especially in summer when I'm racing on two wheels and need the car to get to the events) plus apart from the regular, once a week 10 mile shopping run. Rest of the time I'm on two legs/wheels. Maybe if I did much many short trips I might consider sticking something in the tank.

I also make sure I don't "use" the engine until it's warmed up (3-5 miles) and I do use the full rpm range. The remap definitely means the engine is rev-happy (happier?) compared to stock

54 V70 D5 SE (163, EUIII) MTE, Eibach, Powerflex, IPD arb's, TWR FMIC, Ferrita cat-back.

Last edited by RobbieH; Dec 8th, 2011 at 14:04. Reason: just seen previous post
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieH For This Useful Post: